Dementia Information and Support for Carers
494 Wolverhampton Road,
Our Dementia Information and Support for Carers (DISC) team provide advice, guidance and support to families who are looking after someone with dementia or memory problems.
We can help you even if you have not had a formal diagnosis.
We can provide -
• An Advocacy Service, including support in accessing Social Workers and other statutory bodies (GP’s, District Nurses, Incontinence Team, Occupational Therapists etc.)
• Weekly Carer Support Groups including the following: arts & crafts, music therapy, light exercise sessions, guest speakers on topics of interest and social outings.
• Training on 'Infections and People with Dementia'. This important free session helps carers recognise and deal effectively with infection in people with dementia. This informative training can avoid unnecessary hospital admissions. Contact us to find out more.
• Free Dementia Awareness Sessions either in a group setting or in the comfort of your own home.
• Benefit entitlement advice including Carers Allowance, Attendance Allowance, PIPs etc. including help with completing forms, referral to Pension Service and Fire Safety checks.
• Information on law/carers rights including wills, POA’s etc.
We have Dementia Advisors who speak Asian languages.
|Staff Qualifications||Staff who provide this service have a range of experience and qualifications to support you in your role as a carer.|